Matthew Bourne's The Red Shoes U
Runtime: 97 mins
Director: Matthew Bourne
Genre: Dance, Performance
Cast: Adam Cooper, Ashley Shaw, Dominic North, Michela Meazza, Liam Mower, Glenn Graham
Filmed Live at Sadler’s Wells Theatre, London in January 2020
Matthew Bourne’s ‘gorgeous take on the film classic’ (★★★★ The Times) comes to cinemas for the first time. Winner of two Olivier Awards,The Red Shoes is an ‘utterly enthralling’(★★★★★ Daily Express) tale of obsession, possession and one girl's dream to be the greatest dancer in the world. Victoria Page lives to dance but her ambitions become a battleground between the two men who inspire her passion.
Matthew Bourne’s magical adaptation of the classic Powell and Pressburger film is set to the achingly romantic music of golden-age Hollywood composer Bernard Herrmann, the production is orchestrated by Terry Davies, with stunning designs by Lez Brotherston, lighting by Paule Constable, sound by Paul Groothuis and projection design by Duncan McLean.
Filmed live at Sadler’s Wells in London especially for cinemas, Matthew Bourne’s The Red Shoes stars Ashley Shaw as Victoria Page, Adam Cooper as Boris Lermontov and Dominic North as Julian Craster. This ‘cinematic masterpiece re-Bourne on stage’ (★★★★ Evening Standard) will dazzle your senses and break your heart.
To enable us to keep our audiences within their bubbles, and at a safe distance, tickets will only be available directly from the box office - 01492 872000.
Due to the changes we have to adhere to during the pandemic.
- Book in advance as we have reduced capacity. Call 01492 872000 for tickets.
- Have your tickets on display, phone or paper on arrival.
- Arrive earlier than normal as there may be a queue to enter the building. Doors to the Cinema will open 45 minutes before the film start time.
- On arrival you will be required to sanitise your hands before entry. (Sanitising station either side of the front doors)
- We will not be allowed to let you in if you have any Covid-19 symptoms.
- Following new guidance from Welsh Government face coverings must be worn in the cinema. They can be removed when eating or drinking.
- We do require each group to provide information for Track and trace reasons.
- Follow all social distancing markers and instructions from staff.
- Theatr Colwyn is a licensed premises so only food and drink purchased on the property may be consumed here.
We want customers and staff to be as safe as possible during your visit to the cinema, if you have any questions or concerns please ask a member of staff.
Concessions - £11.50
Friends / Premier Card - £10.50
Film Dates and Times
30 Sep 2020
01 Oct 2020